Sunday, January 22, 2012

DonorsChoose.org

On Friday night I worked for over 3 hours to perfect my Donor's Choose proposal. (It shouldn't take this long I just wanted it to be PERFECT) Today I received an e-mail that it had been posted!!!  Surprisingly what I am asking for is not math related at all, it is for reading!! I am SUPER excited about this, even though I know that it might not be funded.

If you haven't checked out Donor's Choose here a wee bit of info taken from their website.


"Here's how it works: public school teachers from every corner of America post classroom project requests on DonorsChoose.org. Requests range from pencils for a poetry writing unit, to violins for a school recital, to microscope slides for a biology class."

There is more to it so you'll just have to click to find out!!

We desperately need some more materials to choose from for word work! I keep going back and forth about just spending my own money but I decided that I have already spent enough this year! (I am sure that you can relate) So this is an attempt to get some outside help for my kiddos.

I know that my audience (ever how small it may be) is made of primarily teachers but I want to get the word out to as many people as I can!

Check out my proposal at: http://www.donorschoose.org/msturnersclass

1 comment:

  1. Great info! Thanks for sharing! I also have some helpful tidbits I learned along the way at my blog:
    http://hellomrssykes.blogspot.com/search/label/DonorsChoose

    Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...