Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Perfecting Place Value

I was on TeachersPayTeachers tonight trying to find something AWESOME for place value that was CHEAP. Boy did I ever hit the jack pot! I found this super cute Valentines place value set. It is 3 different ability levels and includes a pre-assessment to determine which set each student needs to work with. AWESOME! 

Then, I found out that she also has a blog, Sassy in Second. I have come across it before but I am now a follower and a believer. Check out this awesome FREEBIE she has posted! :) 

If anyone else out there in second grade is reading, how do you integrate place value into your math instruction? I feel like I spend so much time adding and subtracting and measuring and problem solving that I just don't have the time that I feel needs to be devoted to it. Number sense is totally the foundation for which all other math skills build, how do I give it the attention it deserves and keep up with the pacing guide??? Does anyone else have this problem?







1 comment:

  1. Love, love love it! Thanks for sharing!!! I'm using this in my intervention plans next week. Perfect timing!! :)

    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...