Friday, January 27, 2012

Take Home Literacy Bags

I know that this is supposed to be a math blog, and math is where I have all of my good ideas, but I just had to share a project that I am working on right now. I am making Take Home Literacy Bags!!! (I am calling them "Literacy Bags" and not "Book Bags" because I am big on using vocabulary where I can) I already have Take Home Math Kits (my students love these) and I wanted to invest the same amount of enthusiasm into reading. My wow, wonderful, family bought me 30 canvas bags! I immediately wanted to decorate them (of course)! But, my good pal Mrs. Sykes had a stellar idea. She suggested making tags to attach to the bags so that I can change the books out more frequently! 

So, here is my Little Critter by Mercer Mayer bag in progress. (Everything still needs to be laminated, but I am SOOO excited so I had to share!) 


Here is the inside of the journal:




I found the Little Critter Paper Doll at: DLTK! He has several other outfits, but I liked the PJ's. 


More to come later!!!!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Love, love, love the literacy bags. Little critter is adorable in his pjs, btw.

    Jen from...
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I'm working on Literacy Bags, too!

    Thanks for the comment about Warm Fuzzies!

    Emily
    Second Grade Silliness 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should get some iron on that and find some random crazy unique picture or make them yourself if you are creative and iron them on them maybe add some beading and possibly a silf flower or too i would just go wild and have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...