Thursday, February 23, 2012

I {heart} Geometry & NC Get Together!

So in here in second grade we have a just a few geometry objectives. We have been focusing on two objectives in particular this week, congruent shapes and symmetrical shapes. Check out what went on in our class on Tuesday in Math and also check out the FREE RESOURCES! (Note that Tuesday is in bold because I started this blog post on Tuesday and I am just now sitting down to finish it! This week has been a wee bit stressful!)

First of all, here is my pretty Geometry Vocabulary chart. I realized just before posting it that two SUPER IMPORTANT pieces of vocabulary are missing, symmetry AND congruency. It bothers me so badly that I just might make a new chart, although a pal of mine volunteered to lend me her colored sharpies because its laminated. (And I know that all my pics are pink. I took them with my phone because my camera batteries were dead and my phone is cheap, like free cheap ... I'm not a phone girl AT ALL! )
This is what we call the P of the D, or the problem of the day. Each day when they come in they have to solve a problem (or some problems) in their math journals. This was taken after we solved the problems together.

After we reviewed our vocabulary and had a short lesson symmetry we played a game! I also found this cool Symmetry Battleship game on TPT! My kids had a BLAST! It is obvious by the pic of a couple of my boys that I really let them sit about anywhere as long as they are on task.
We also colored these symmetrical boots just for fun!I thought this was a nice alternative to the typical butterfly symmetry coloring activity!

I also wanted to share that I am going to be a part of Randi's NC Get Together! Click on her cute image to get more details and check out her awesome blog, Teach It With Class. (I love her blog name btw).

3 comments:

  1. Ummm... I'm in! Love the new look of your blog! The buttons are fabulous!

    Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!!!! (And I wasn't purposefully trying to exclude you I just kept forgetting to mention the get together!) And thanks, you know how I love my buttons (the real kind not the digital kind)! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...