Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The One Where I Say Goodbye to 314

If you have been keeping up, then I'm sorry for explaining this yet again, but I work in a year-round school. This means that I get small breaks throughout the year instead of a long  summer break. This I love. 

This year there are 8 second grade teachers on my team and 7 classrooms.

This all boils down to the fact that I had to pack up all of my things and leave my classroom today when I tracked out for my September break so someone else can use my classroom.

Yes, my classroom is now on two rolling carts and also in a giant rolling cabinet tucked away in Jen's room.

(Although, I have been keeping it together well enough for my team, they are probably reading this though, so yes I guess this is confession time, I am a wreck, I am sad, I am being crazy, I know that I am not the first do to this or the last but I am still sad.)


As a beginning teacher my classroom has been my haven, a safe place.

Logically, I know that it is just a room, but there are so many memories in that room. When I think back to when I just got started I will go back in time to Room 314.  My first memories as a teacher. 

Every success and failure that I have had as a teacher so far has happened in that room.

Like when a dear, dear teacher friend held me as a cried because I had been told that I couldn't come back to work there the following year because of my terminating contract and the hiring freeze. (Thank goodness, this didn't actually happen!)

And also when Little Applesauce started to see herself as a reader and I teared up at her parent/teacher conference because I was so proud of her. 

And when Sugar Pea learned how to count 10 objects, a skill we had been working on ALL year long. 

I really could go on forever, I have so many good memories in that classroom, it is hard to think that someone else (however kind my thoughts are towards her as a friend/teacher) will call that room their own, and someone after that and so on.

The next time you see me I will be in good ol' room 304.

314, you were the best. It wasn't anything you did.

To cheer me up you can go and enter my Quietest Pencil Sharpener Giveaway! :) 



5 comments:

  1. 314 has been fabulous for you. Sorry you had to move out. The consolation here is that you can sleep late every day for the next couple of weeks... Hugs!
    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. What sweet comments. I just moved to a different school this last year due to rezoning in our district, and I was so sad leaving what was like my family at that other school. It has worked out wonderfully this year, but I know the feelings of sadness as you think of leaving a room you've invested so much in...with memories, etc.

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    BTW - Just so you know. I'm having a giveaway on my blog - a free, personal laminator! Come check it out if you don't already have one! :)

    Heather
    Sensational Seconds

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Sorry to hear about your room but just think, you are opening up another chapter in your teaching career with new memories with room 304. Best Wishes to you.

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, you have such sweet memories of 314. You never know where life will take you; maybe you'll be back in there someday.

    Heather
    Peacocks & Penguins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog..and featured one of your items on my 10 Weekly Teacher Finds!

    Taking a Walk on the Teaching Side

    My TPT Store

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...