Monday, November 5, 2012

Don't worry Mama, I'll even pick my own switch this time . . .

After what I believed to be a roller coaster of a day, I have been reminded (yet again) that the earthshaking changes in my life that are causing me to lose sleep and are making me sweat, are really just minor annoyances. 

Just flies in the kitchen really.

I did not play well with others today. And when given an ear, I took advantage and had a big ol' glass of whine.

(If you are reading and happened to be caught in my whine storm or got your head bitten off, I apologize) 
 
I just hate that there wasn't anyone to knock me out and tell me to shut-up. 

God tried to interfere this morning at 9:30, but apparently one kick in the pants is not enough for me.

It finally took several pieces of news media that I came across this evening to really take me down a notch. I won't link anyone up, but several things happened in the world today (both local to me and afar)  that bring tears to my eyes, make me clinch my toes, and make me want to make a mad dash for the john all at the same time. 

So I'm just putting this out there into the universe:

Have you thought about how blessed you really are?

I am. 

Oh, I SO am.  

4 comments:

  1. When times are tough, I am reminded to, "Trust God". He never gives up on us. Thanks for reminding us we have so much to be thankful for!
    Amy Howbert

    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think we have no idea how lucky we are. I had the opportunity to go to Cancun a few years ago. We visited some tiny villages. It was at that time that I realized how lucky I am to live where I do and have the things I do. I know it's always easier to see what others have. But I think we're more thankful when we see what others don't have, it makes us realize how lucky we truly are.
    ą®Rikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder, friend!! When I'm having a big glass of whine, remind me to switch to wine. :)

    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding us about how lucky we are. We are definitely blessed! I hope your week has been going better for you, and have had time to recharge your batteries over the weekend. Take Care!

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...